Get To Know Me...

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Lately I've been having this urge- actually it's probably more of a need- to write, so I decided it's about time I dust off my long-lost blog. 

Recently thoughts have been swimming around my head at a million miles an hour- I need to pick a site for practicum next semester, I need to begin volunteering this semester, I'm going to INDIA this  summer, I'm graduating in December, what do I do with my life after I graduate??- I want to continue my education, I want to travel, I want to impact the lives of children, I want to LIVE my life! 
Dear brain, Slow down.. I can only take so much of this. It's overwhelming!

I'm going to INDIA this summer... for longest time I didn't think it was going to happen, and I was trying my hardest to be okay with it, but it was proving to be extremely difficult. Everything got settled into place and it turns out I AM able to go... then another obstacle was thrown in my path- my brother graduates high school a few days before the anticipated return date. There is absolutely no way I can live with myself if I miss his high school graduation.  I was ready to give up when I talked with a sweet friend after an afternoon of crazy frustration & tears, and we decided it would be best if I asked to return just a few days early. And it IS!

And now I'm struggling with being okay in leaving before the rest of the team... flying halfway around the world by myself, being alone with intense thoughts for twentyfour hours, missing a few days at the children's home, and- I'm aware of how extremely selfish this is of me & I wish it had no effect on me- possibly missing a two-day stop in France. I'm praying for peace of mind, acceptance, and patience when it comes to leaving early- because I know this is what has to happen. I'm waiting for these pleasant feelings to fall upon me when it comes to this minuscule piece of this mission trip... because either way, I will be spending almost two weeks in India this summer. 
And it will be incredible. 

No comments: