Get To Know Me...

Friday, July 17, 2009

one month

One month from today I will be beginning to move out of my home and into a townhouse with two roommates. For the first time in my life I'm going to be on my own. As much as I'm excited, I'm also nervous. I'm not moving far, only an hour away to be closer to school, and I'm planning on coming home every other weekend to see my family and attend the church I've been going to for thirteen years. But I won't see my mom daily, I won't be annoyed by my brother daily, and I won't see my dog, Sage, daily. It's certainly going to be a bittersweet occasion.

We went up there last night and I cleaned the kitchen up a bit- it was really grimy before and now it's only a little grimy. Every time we go up there, I get really excited. I'm so anxious to paint and move in- to make it mine. I want this upcoming month to speed by, but at the same time I don't. My feelings are becoming quite complicated.

Last night my mom said she's going to be working a lot after I move out, so she won't be home as much, because then she'll "cry her eyes out," because I'm her "baby girl." It was a heartbreaking moment.

No comments: