Get To Know Me...

Monday, August 17, 2009

the day is finally here

Well, today is the day. I begin moving out. Mom took three days off work to help me get settled, so my last night at home isn't until Tuesday night.

I'm excited about moving, but I'm starting to feel anxious and nervous. I think if my mom wasn't as upset, it would be easier for me. I'm the oldest child, so this is the first time she's had to go through something like this and it's taking a toll on her. I keep reminding her that I'm less than an hour away and I'll be home every other weekend, but it doesn't help any.

I've let Sage, my pup, sleep in my room the past few nights. It's going to be so hard not seeing her everyday, as well.

But... I really am excited! I painted my bedroom a few weeks ago, so it's no longer a bland beige-ish color, now it's white and teal! Yesterday I sanded down and painted my great-grandmother's old desk and it looks a million times better. I have an old dresser from the thrift store my grandpa so kindly fixed up. I think it's all going to look really good. The most exciting part of this move is re-decorating my bedroom! I've done it on a relatively cheap budget, which makes it all the better.

Once everything is in, I'll post a picture or two. But for now I bid you adieu.

No comments: